Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Magically Delicious

When I inform non-Crossfit people that I've made the decision to eat Paleo they definitely have a look of shock and appall on their faces. Sometimes it's mixed with confusion and I have to explain the whole diet to them. (I normally lose their interest after "no booze or Diet Coke.") To be honest the idea of just meat and veggies is quite unappealing and especially limiting. How often can you eat plain ol' chicken and green beans? There's a reason evolution happened and the advancement of the culinary industry. And it has nothing to do with Pork: The Other White Meat.

However once you allow yourself to look around the farmer's market and you talk to fellow Paleo-gluttons you'll learn that it can be quite delicious and sometimes creative.

To prove my point here is my menu for this week that is both delicious and "I'm getting abs if it kills me" Paleo-friendly.

Breakfast
Bacon and Eggs

Snack
Baba Ghanoush and fresh veggies

Lunch
Pot Roast and Veggies with a salad

Snack
Protein Shake

Dinner
Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Red Sauce and a spinach salad

Dessert
Knowing that I'm getting healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment