Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Day of Rest

Not to sound like a big ol' baby, but my legs hurt, my arms hurt and I am tuckered out from this week's workouts. I don't know why I am so exhausted, but after three days of WODs and one epic run I am happy to say I am taking the day off.

Well, not really...

I realized I needed to take a day off of WODing when I was running on the treadmill and my shins felt like they were about to split open. I ran a mile and switched over to the ultra feminine and non-challenging elliptical machine and the pain didn't stop but became manageable. I moved back over to the treadmill and only made it a quarter mile before I wanted to cry "Uncle!"

When I returned home I took a bit of a breather, stalked on Facebook and decided it was gametime to head over to CFPT for a fun-filled 10 minutes of burpees and KB Swings. I debated the idea for a little bit then decided to give my 11 burpees (100 Burpee Challenge) a shot and see how I felt. At Burpee #6 I would have punched my future first born child to not have to do 7 through 11. It was at this point that I decided... Maybe I'll take a day off?

Join me tomorrow as I attempt my first noon WOD in months and head off to watch my personal SuperHeroes in the Team Challenge of the Garage Games conquer feats I will never ever attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment