Thursday, February 17, 2011

113 Days


On I Used to Be Fat the teens have roughly 110 days to lose X amount of weight before a big life-changing event, specifically going away to college. That's three months to dedicate your life to fitness and healthy-eating habits to transform yourself in to who you want to be and what you want to look like.

Attached is a picture of me when I was 19-years old at an Auburn football tailgate. I was skinny, but skinny fat, meaning I wasn't working out at all, I just had lucky genes to carry me through the beer and fast food. However, that luck ran out during my junior year and I proceeded to go from 140lb and a Size 4 to 180lb and a Size 12 when I graduated college.

I want to look like that again. I want to fit in to the gameday dresses, designer jeans and other cute clothes I bought when I was skinny. I don't want to be self-conscious about my body and refuse to wear skins and shorts, tank tops, tighter shirts, anything. No more hiding in jeans and baggy t-shirts!

It is 113 days until June 1, the peak time for everyone to be in bathing suits and preparing for summertime festivities. If I dedicate myself to 113 days of focusing even harder on working out and eating right, maybe I'll get back to that size or will be the best size for my age. I know I may not be exactly the same size because my body has changed in the last six years and I will be gaining muscle with CrossFit.

I will not say I'm going strict paleo or giving up drinking until that day because I know I won't. Why set a goal you know you cannot obtain? In March I begin kickball season, beer festivals, St. Patty's Day and much more. I will be drinking and I don't want to set myself up to fail and feel guilty about it several times out of the month because I had something to drink. Life is short so enjoy it, but there is a fine balance too.

What can I do to battle the cravings and stick to the plan? Well, work out more and harder. I officially decided I am going to compete in "Three's Company" next month and I need to start training. I also want to run a 5k next month without stopping to catch my breath or walk a little bit. These are small goals, but goals! Great goals!

Also, I can continue to make smart decisions about drinking. Not drinking on weeknights is a lot easier than I thought it would be and as long as I'm surrounded by supportive friends it's easy. I won't drink during the week except for Kickball Thursday and if it's a big social event on the weekend. I have training to do on the weekends and if I get hammered on Friday I won't make it to the run or early morning WOD.

So here is my pledge... in 113 I will be a different girl. I will have sexytime thighs, hopefully a hint of some abs and I won't have fat face anymore. How will I achieve these goals? Sticking to the plan and putting everything I have in to it.

Or Jasmine, Lis and Kristen will kick my butt in to the ground.

Shout out to Becky for being an ever present motivator. Thank you for being such a great friend. The next 10lb are for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment